Sir Gale Allen Foster, KSD
|Sir Gale Allen Foster, KSD|
Distinguished Soldier in the Vietnam War
|Spouse(s)||1st Denise Michelle Walker|
2nd Linda Jean Whiteaker
3rd Rose Elizabeth Laisner
|Father||George Franklin Foster|
|Born||21 August 1949|
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
|Died||12 September 2013|
Pilot Rock, Oregon, United States
|Buried||Willamette National Cemetery|
Sir Gale Allen Foster, KSD (1949-2013) was the youngest of four sons of George Franklin Foster (1927-1994) by his wife Geraldine Reid (1928-2003). He married three times and had five children by those marriages and one daughter through a non-matrimonial relationship. He was a distinguished soldier who fought in the Vietnam war earning a purple heart and various other medals. He spent his last years out in the countryside in Pilot Rock, Oregon, United States where he met his early demise adamantly protesting against elected officials and the Republic style of government.
Armorial bearings are also known colloquially as a Coat of Arms. They are the principal part of a system of hereditary symbols dating back to early medieval Europe, used primarily to establish identity in battle.They are still used today by royalty, nobility and knights to cover, protect, and identify the wearer; to denote their decedents, property ownership and their profession. Armorial Bearings belong to specific individuals not families as there is no such thing as a family Coat of Arms or a family crest. 
Gale Foster graduated from high school with a diploma and did not further her education passed high school completion. He joined the U.S. Army in the 1968 and learned basic military tactics before deploying to Vietnam. He served in the 101st Airborne Division.
The 101st was deployed in the northern I Corps region operating against the People's Army of Vietnam (PAVN) infiltration routes through Laos and the A Shau Valley for most of the war. In almost seven years of combat in Vietnam, elements of the 101st participated in 15 campaigns. Notable among these were the Battle of Hamburger Hill in 1969 and Firebase Ripcord in 1970. The firebase was to be used for a planned offensive by the 101st to destroy PAVN supply bases in the mountains overlooking the A Shau Valley. On 12 March 1970, the 3rd Brigade of 101st began rebuilding abandoned Fire Support Base Ripcord which relied, as with most remote bases at the time, on a helicopter lifeline to get supplies in and the personnel out. As the 101st Airborne planned the attack on the PAVN supply bases, the PAVN was secretly observing their activities. From 12 March until 30 June, the PAVN was sporadically attacking the Firebase. After weeks of reconnaissance by the PAVN, on the morning of 1 July 1970 the PAVN launched a surprise mortar attack on the Firebase.
The resulting 23-day battle between the 101st Airborne and the PAVN was the last major confrontation between United States ground forces and North Vietnam of the Vietnam War. During the 23-day siege, 75 U.S. servicemen were killed in action, including 2nd Battalion, 506th Infantry commanding officer Colonel Andre Lucas, who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor, and 1st Lt. Bob Kalsu, one of the few American professional athletes to be killed during the war. During the entire battle (including the siege), 250 members of the division were killed. Fighting from four hilltops, surrounded, and outnumbered nearly ten to one, the division's forces were defeated but managed to inflict heavy losses on the enemy before an aerial withdrawal was ordered on 23 July 1970 while under heavy mortar, anti-aircraft, and small arms fire, ending the siege. After the division withdrew from the firebase, USAF B-52 heavy bombers were sent in to carpet bomb the area.
- Jennifer Brown
He married first to Denise Michelle Walker and had one daughter by that marriage:
- Celeste Foster
He married secondly to Linda Jean Whiteaker and had two children by that marriage:
He married thirdly to Rose Elizabeth Laisner and had three children by that marriage:
Gale Allen Foster died of a Myocardical Infarction on 12 December 2013 in Pilot Rock, Oregon, United States. He is buried in the Willamette National Cemetery in Portland, Oregon, United States.
- Certificate of Live Birth: Gale Allen Foster. Filed 27 August 1949. State of Nevada, Department of Health and Human Services, Registered File No. 623. Birth No. 19-2180. Informant: General Hospital Clark County [Birthing Facility], Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Source Information: Ancestry.com. U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Original data: Voter Registration Lists, Public Record Filings, Historical Residential Records, and Other Household Database Listings
- Source Information Ancestry.com. U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Original data: Voter Registration Lists, Public Record Filings, Historical Residential Records, and Other Household Database Listings.
- Woodcock, T., & Robinson, J. M. (1988). The Oxford guide to heraldry (Vol. 116). Oxford University Press.
- Fox-Davies, A. C. (2007). A complete guide to heraldry. Skyhorse Publishing Inc.
- College of Arms (2015) The United Kingdom College of Arms. Retrieved from http://www.college-of-arms.gov.uk/
- The Court of the Lord Lyon of Scotland (2015). About Coats of Arms. Retrieved from http://www.lyon-court.com/lordlyon/216.181.html
- Records of Deceased, Wounded, Ill, or Injured Army Personnel, Including Dependents and Civilian Employees, created, 1/1/1961 - 12/1981, documenting the period 1/1/1961 - 12/1981
- Ancestry.com. Washington, County Marriages, 1855-2008 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014. Original data: Washington, County Marriages, 1855-2008. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- Ancestry.com. Washington, State Marriage Indexes, 1969-2014 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2017. Original data: Washington State Marriage Indexes, 1969-2014. Washington State Archives, Olympia, Washington.
- U.S., Social Security Death Index, 1935-2014. Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.
- Ancestry.com. U.S., Cemetery and Funeral Home Collection, 1847-2017 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.